Scalp Psoriasis is termed a common skin condition resulting and manifesting in raised reddish and scaly patches on the scalp. At the same time, it tends to affect other body parts like the back of the neck, forehead, and the areas behind the ears.
According to medical experts dealing with the Treatment of Scalp Psoriasis, this condition takes place owing to the rapid growth of skin cells and building up to the patches.
The exact cause of Scalp Psoriasis is not known yet, mostly being linked to the dysfunctional or malfunctioning of the immune system leading to fast skin cell growth. Additionally, those with a family history of Scalp Psoriasis are most likely to get this condition.
Scalp Psoriasis is mostly mild in nature and disposition and hardly discernible. But if severe, can land you with thick sores and itchiness. Scratching and picking at the scaly spots tend to cause skin infections or ailments as well as hair loss.
Some Treatments of Scalp Psoriasis may be harsh on the skin resulting in temporary hair loss, even stress, and anxiety due to this skin condition are most likely to cause hair loss.
Signs & Symptoms of Scalp Psoriasis:
- Raised scaly patches that look red/reddish.
- Silver or white scales are visible on the skin’s scalp.
- Flakes akin to dandruff are seen on the scalp region.
- Scalp & affected area regions tend to dry and feel itchy.
- Burning & soreness were experienced in affected areas.
- Hair loss results from excessive scratching of itchy areas, owing to harsh treatments, or due to stress and worries.
With Eva Pimples, Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune you can rest assured of keeping Scalp Psoriasis and other skin issues and concerns at bay!
Tips that may help you to control Scalp Psoriasis with Home Remedies:
- Applying turmeric on the scalp aids in minimizing the warning signs and symptoms of psoriasis of the scalp.
- Aloe vera helps reduce discoloration as well as scaling.
- The application of apple cider vinegar on the scalp tends to minimize itchiness.
- Coconut oil acts as a moisturizing agent for the scalp region.
- Tea tree oil, endowed with antiseptic properties, helps in the Treatment of Scalp Psoriasis in a natural manner.
- Sea Salt or Epsom Salt Bath tends to reduce inflammation, swelling, and redness caused by Scalp Psoriasis.
- To get relief from itchiness, inflammation, and flakes, an oatmeal bath proves to be an excellent natural remedy.
- Applying baking soda paste in water on the scalp aids in minimizing itchiness.
- Oregon grape, on topical application, facilitates in reducing the severity of Scalp Psoriasis.
- An invigorating scalp massage with peppermint oil blended with carrier oil helps in the reduction of inflammation, as well as relieves redness and itching.
- Dietary intake of omega-3 fatty acids enriched foods helps to reduce inflammation.
However, efficacy may vary from patient to patient, and with the severity of the problem, one must visit the best skin specialist near you to get the best treatment for scalp psoriasis.
Treatment of Scalp Psoriasis:
- Topical treatments include shampoos and soaps, creams and lotions, oils, ointments, and foams, obtained over the counter whilst others need a prescription.
- OTC medications given the nod of approved by the FDA, constitute salicylic acid and coal tar. Salicylic acid aids in softening the scales, post which it’s easier to remove them. Shampoos or creams containing coal tar, work for slowing down skin cell growth, as well as reducing inflammation, itching, and scaling.
- Antihistamines pills bought over the counter, aid in the Treatment of Scalp Psoriasis & itching.
- Oral medications such as corticosteroids are touted as amongst the best scalp psoriasis treatments.
- Injecting steroids into affected skin areas act as a facilitator in treating psoriasis of the scalp.
- Phototherapy combined with laser or non-laser light is considered to be an effective way for curing psoriasis of the scalp permanently.
- Intralesional steroid injection is another option for the Treatment of Scalp Psoriasis as they tend to reduce inflammation.
- A relatively latest entrant is biologics, which medications administered by injection or IV and help in curing Scalp Psoriasis by restricting the growth of skin cells.
However, it’s incumbent for people suffering from this type of plaguing skin condition, to focus on managing the symptoms of psoriasis on the scalp instead of harping on a permanent cure for the same.
Get yourself treated for Scalp Psoriasis at Eva Pimples, Skin, & Hair Clinic in Wakad & Hinjewadi, Pune India, and get rid of all skin and hair-related problems.
Eva Skin & Hair Clinic offers treatment for Psoriasis, Dark Eyelids, Pimples, Acne Pigmentation, Dark Spots, Uneven Skin tone, and others, having more than 11 years of experience in the realm of Dermatology, Aesthetic Cosmetology & Trichology & Hair Transplant (fue) surgery.
It’s well-equipped with modern, up-to-date treatment and modalities prevalent under one roof, performed by a skilled and competent team of certified Dermatologists, Cosmetologists & Trichologists, Hair Transplant surgeons, and clinical aestheticians.
We employ a multi-pronged-360-degree approach to treating patients’ problems with advanced gold standard clinically tried-and-tested treatment modalities that’re safe, result-oriented alongside reasonable customized plans.
Our wide array of services comprises Skin Pigmentation, Treatment for Acne, Acne Scar Removal, Hair Transplant, Hair Loss Treatment, Laser Hair Removal, Anti-Ageing Treatment, and Skin Tag under the guidance and consultation of prominent doctors – Dr. Preeti Raut, Dr. Bhavin Chothani, Dr. Shalthiel Sathe, Dr. Poonam Sathe, Dr. Rajnikant Choudhury.
Avail of the best services we offer and decipher!