Best Treatment For Dandruff
Dandruff which is also called as Seborrheic Dermatitis is a most common type of skin infection present on hairy areas of body like scalp, face and body. These are body areas which have lot of sebaceous glands.
Dandruff is often present with the thick white non inflammatory scales on scalp with or without itching.
What are the causes of Dandruff?
- Dandruff is a form of fungal infection caused by Malassezia, a yeast like infection. This causes irritation and inflammation of scalp.
- People having oily skin are more prone to develop dandruff.
- People having family history of dandruff.
- Lack of sleep
- Improper scalp cleaning
Treatment for removal of dandruff is asked on its severity and individual patient scalp conditions.
A proper scalp care which includes
- Regular scalp cleaning with anti-dandruff shampoos containing Ketoconazole, zinc parathion , selenium sulphide helps to remove and clean the scalp infections effectively.
- Repeated oil application on scalp should be avoided for longer time duration.
- In cases of recurrent and long-standing dandruff, topical antifungal agents are applied to the skin.
What is the best treatment to remove dandruff?
A dandruff problem is quite recurrent and often needs regular and long-term care to avoid discomfort.
Most advanced treatment options for controlling dandruff includes-
EVA Oxy Jet Spray Anti-dandruff therapy- –
In this treatment,
- Anti – dandruff therapy is done with the machine called jet oxy in a person who has a dandruff problem.
- This treatment helps to remove the excess dandruff flakes and sebum/oil on the scalp.
- Dandruff is also triggered by fungal infection on scalp, so for treatment of fungal component we use medicated anti – dandruff solution with jet spray which help to kill the fungal infection and due to this recurrence of dandruff controlled very effectively.
- Person gets very good improvement after treatment.
- Minimum 2-3 session are sufficient to see best results for dandruff reduction.