Mesotherapy for Hair Growth
What is mesotherapy for Hair growth?
- It is a drug delivery system which stimulates the dormant, sleeping inert hair follicles and cells that affects the growth of hair and strengthen the weak cells.
- In mesotherapy, multiple micro-punctures are formed on scalp with a needle & many essential elements like growth factors, peptides & botanical stem cells are given at the level of Hair follicle with the help of instrument called meso gun or Dermapen.
- The treatment maximizes the absorption of the nutrients by the hair follicles. This absorption activates the dormant or semi-dormant hair follicles to trigger more growth.
How mesotherapy procedure for hair growth is performed?
- Before doing Mesotherapy treatment, scalp is cleaned to remove all dirt and dandruff with the help of jet oxy treatment.
- The scalp skin surface is then sterilized using betadine and sprit to avoid any secondary infections.
- A Dermapen with attached new cartridge is attached to the Dermapen head.
- A required depth ranging between 0.5mm to 1.5mm is adjusted as per the patient tolerance.
- This Dermapen is the moved on the surface of scalp especially frontal, mid scalp and crown areas along with pouring of Meso hair growth solutions
- The multiple microinjuries on the scalp allows deeper penetration of the meso growth solutions to the scalp at the level of Hair follicle.
- These microinjuries also stimulate skin healing cascade and release various growth factors at the level of hair follicle, which helps to strengthen the weaker hair roots.
Who are the right candidates for Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a very good adjuvant therapy for treating hair fall along with oral and topical medications.
A person having initial grades of hair thinning and having significant hair fall or Hair shedding can think for Mesotherapy treatment for treating their Hair fall.
Mesotherapy can be used as a preventive treatment for those having family history of Hair fall and not showing evident thinning of hair. In such cases, mesotherapy will help to boost the existing Hair follicle and make it stronger.
Multiple sessions are required based on the individual grade of hair thinning and patient requirement.
In Most extensive cases of Hair fall or hair loss, along with mesotherapy, PRP can also be combined to get more satisfactory results.
What are the advantages of Mesotherapy?
- Evidence based treatment for hair loss, giving most satisfactory results.
- Painless treatment, no anesthesia required.
- Lunch hour procedure, no downtime involved.
- Most of the patients gets best results in 6 months followed by maintenance.