Dermaroller Treatment for Acne Scar
Dermaroller treatment for Acne Scar
How Dermaroller effective in treating Acne Scars?
Micro needling is a safe, minimally invasive, hand held, non-surgical, procedure which can be used for treating various skin condition. It can be also called as collagen induction therapy. In this treatment, micro needling device called Dermaroller is used to create a controlled skin injury.
Used for to treat various skin conditions like: –
- Acne scars
- Open pores
- Fine lines , wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Under eye rejuvenation
- Facial rejuvenation.
- Hair loss.
How does Dermaroller look like?
Dermaroller is a small device, which are has multiple needles. These a medical grade needles having depth ranging from 0.25 mm to 2.5mm.
Different size of needles can be used depending upon skin indications we are treating. For Home care 0.25 mm to 0.5 mm roller can be used. It helps to exfoliate upper layer of skin & thus helps in skin rejuvenation. Patient doesn’t get much bruising after treatment & no downtime.
In clinic, 2.5mm rollers can be used to treat acne scars, wrinkles, under supervision of your dermatologist as it involves bruising, redness after the procedure.
How does it work?
- During Dermaroller procedure, microneedles are moved on the surface of skin, mainly on the upper layer of skin.
- This creates microinjuries on the skin & opens microchannels on the surface of skin. These controlled injuries stimulate new collagen to fill these microwounds.
- In this process, microinjuries at the surface of skin, stimulates the healing which stimulates fibroblasts, elastin fibers, new collagen.
- This leads to reduction of scars and helps to improve skin texture, firmness and hydration.
How it is performed?
- Dermaroller treatment is performed under the supervision of your skin doctor.
- Depth and selection of size of roller depends upon the type of scar and type of your skin.
- Dermaroller treatment can also combined with various skin lightening agents, growth factors, PRP, vit c serums This allows easy penetration of these agents to the dermal level of skin through the microchannels.
- Patient is advised to use a mild cleanser next day of the procedure.
- A moisturizer, to allow easy removal of dead skin.
- A broad-spectrum sunscreen to avoid pigmentation after treatment.
How many sessions of Dermaroller treatment will I need?
Depending upon the type of skin & indication we are treating it takes multiple sessions to show results.
What are the benefits of Dermaroller treatment?
- Easy to perform, less invasive, cost effective, office hour procedure which doesn’t involve much downtime.
- Can be used to treat multiple skin problems.