A woman’s body undergoes several changes during periods / Menses From aching stomach to hormonal changes, there’s so much that a woman goes through while menstruating. As an organ, periods do not spare the skin either. Many women confront dull skin and pimples during periods.
The hormones estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone play a significant role in the skin’s response to Menses The skin’s response significantly depends on the proportion of these hormones. Higher levels of progesterone and testosterone can increase the amount of oily secretion and lead to breakouts.
Periods are a natural phenomenon, and the skin’s response to menstruation also is an organic action. But fortunately, you don’t have to live with those acne breakouts or dull skin during periods. A proper dermatologist-recommended skin treatment in Pune can help keep the skin glowing and healthy during those days.
7 Skincare Routine Tips for Glowing Skin During Periods
From washing your face regularly to keeping it hydrated, these generic tips can help keep your skin glowing during menstruation. For specific skincare tips, consult a qualified and experienced dermatologist.
- Wash Your Face with Lukewarm Water to Avoid Acne – Breakouts during periods are common. To deal with them, you may wash your face twice daily with lukewarm water and a mild salicylic acid face wash to prevent bacteria. But during periods, you may want to walk the extra mile. Dab your face with a tissue twice a day to blot sebum. It can help you avoid breakouts.
- Avoid Wearing Makeup – While menstruating, either avoid wearing makeup or minimize its use. Allow the skin to breathe. You may use turmeric, milk cream, homemade masks, and fruit peels to help rejuvenate the skin. If you are required to wear makeup during the day, cleanse your face before going to bed.
- Wear Sunscreen – This one’s a no-brainer. If you’ve been already doing it, great. If you aren’t already, wear an adequate amount of dermatologist-recommended broad-spectrum sunscreen before you step out. Do so, even if it is overcast. The sunrays can still damage the skin and cause it to look dull. Remove – Point – Go for facial before menses.
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated – The skin turns dry during periods. Consuming honey can prove helpful. It can help reduce acne, hydrate it and work as a natural antiseptic to make your skin glow naturally. Using rose water can also help, as it can work as a natural toner. You can talk to your dermatologist to explore more options specific to your case.
- Plan your skincare routine in advance before Menses- Acne or pimple-prone skin is usually super cloggy and oily before menses due to various hormonal changes going inside the body. Try to follow a “ Hormone balanced skincare routine “ to maintain your skin glowing and acne free even during your menses. Hormone balanced skincare routine includes the use of Light, gel-based, non-comedogenic moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Use exfoliating face washes containing salicylic or glycolic acid to cleanse all sebum and dirt from your skin before it clogs your skin pores. If you are busy and work on the field side, sebum control wipes can also be used to clean your face. Apply the best barrier on your skin, before you step out, and that’s your sunscreen. Use a non-comedogenic gel-based, broad-spectrum sunscreen as the first layer on your skin. Keep your anti-acne creams like benzyl peroxide handy. You can mix it with moisturizer and apply it over the skin at night time 5 to 7 days daily before menses. This will allow micro-exfoliation of your skin and avoid clogging of skin pores.
- Exercise regularly – Keep your hormones in place by following a routine of daily workouts at least for 30 min. This will increase blood circulation and remove all the metabolic toxins from your skin. This will give a good glow and hydration to your skin.
- Balanced Diet- And last but not least is the role of diet in keeping your skin healthy and fresh in the long go. A balanced diet with green leafy vegetables, fruits, fibers, and proteins will keep your skin and body healthy and fit irrespective of your menses.
Looking for a personalized skin treatment in Pune and a skincare routine for periods? Visit Eva Skin Clinic. Our experienced dermatologists and best skin care experts will diagnose your condition and prescribe a specific skincare routine to help you keep your skin healthy and glowing during the period. Click here to connect with us.
Visit Our Clinic for complete skin Treatment In Pune