How to Prepare for a HydraFacial?
Who doesn’t want fresh and glowing skin? Of course, everyone does! Thanks to advancements in dermatology, you have numerous treatment alternatives to make your skin look plump and glow naturally. HydraFacial is one such treatment.
HydraFacial is a beauty treatment that refreshes the skin and makes it look more radiant. The treatment is quick and yields admirable results. However, a HydraFacial requires some preparation for optimal results. Here are the steps involved in preparing for a HydraFacial.
What is a HydraFacial Treatment?
Technically speaking, HydraFacial is a hydradermabrasion treatment that helps cleanse and exfoliate the skin, and extracts irritants from the pores, while hydrating and providing antioxidant protection. It results in brighter, clearer, and more youthful skin. The treatment is invasive and does not involve any downtime.
Steps in Preparing for a HydraFacial
HydraFacial preparation could begin as early as six months before the treatment. You should prepare for it in stages which include the following.
- 6 Months Before HydraFacial: Stop using products consisting of Isotretinoin like Accutane. In case, you cannot discuss it with your dermatologist during the initial consultation. The dermatologist may make an exception based on your case.
- Two Weeks Before HydraFacial: Do not undergo any laser treatments. Also, avoid undergoing any deep or medium chemical peels or dermal fillers.
- One Week Before HydraFacial: You may schedule a Botox treatment about eight days before your HydraFacial treatment. The Botox treatment can be scheduled on the same day as your hydradermabrasion treatment. But it has to be done after the hydradermabrasion treatment.
- Five Days Before HydraFacial: Commence hydropeptide or PCA SKIN skincare.
- 72 Hours Before HydraFacial: Avoid excessive exposure to the sun. If at all you are required to step out in the sun during the peak hours, wear a dermatologist-recommended sunscreen with SPF 35. Fairer skin may require UVA or UVB ray protection of a minimum of 55. In addition, avoid tanning beds.
- 48 Hours Before HydraFacial: Do not use any OTC acne medications like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Also, avoid waxing, using depilatories, and undergoing exfoliating treatment with active enzymes or glycolic acids. Additionally, avoid using topical products consisting of tretinoin like Retin-A.
- The Day of Treatment: Shaving is strictly prohibited on the day of treatment. If at all you want to, do not shave within three to four hours of the appointment.
Refresh and revive your skin’s glow with Eva’s HydraFacial treatment. Our meticulous and well-planned HydraFacial treatment helps you regain youthful looks.
Our dermatologists help you in preparing for the HydraFacial treatment through vital guidelines and perform the process carefully for optimal results. Call us at +91 788 799 1919 for appointments and seek our dermatologist’s consultation for a HydraFacial treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a suitable candidate for HydraFacial?
HydraFacial is suited to all skin types. Yet, a dermatologist’s specific consultation and diagnosis should help you know if you are the right candidate for HydraFacial.
How long does HydraFacial treatment take to complete?
HydraFacial is a quick and efficient treatment. It takes around 25-30 minutes for the treatment to complete.
After how many treatment sessions can I expect results?
HydraFacial is a very effective treatment. In many cases, people experience results after one treatment. Nevertheless, one treatment session per month is recommended for even better and more sustainable results.