While flipping through the famous fashion magazine InStyle, I found this astonishing statement by Cindy Crawford about her youthful skin. “I’m not going to lie to myself, past a certain age, creams work on the texture of your skin, but in order to restore elasticity, all I can really count on is vitamin injections, botox treatment, and collagen. I have a very simple, healthy life, which works miracles. I drink a lot of water, watch what I eat, and exercise. But I owe the quality of my skin to my cosmetic surgeon.”
Hollywood celebrities continuously use cosmetic procedures to hide the signs of ageing, such as wrinkles and fine lines. And botox is that magic drug that makes it possible. But what exactly is Botox? How does it work? Why does Cindy Crawford swear by botox injections? Dive in to know more!
What is Botox?
Botox is a drug derived from the toxin of the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. Botox minimizes the appearance of wrinkles by freezing the movement of muscles around them. It also treats different musculoskeletal problems in addition to cosmetic treatments.
Why do you need Botox treatment?
Tight, supple skin is a sign of youthfulness. Unfortunately, due to excessive smoking or old age, your skin loses its tightness. Old age, excessive UV exposure, smoking, and excessive squinting are all causes of wrinkles.
The nicotine in cigarettes and UV rays break down collagen on our skin. Skin becomes sagging due to the lack of fat deposits beneath the surface. Therefore, your forehead, neck, corners of your mouth, and eyes may all have wrinkles.
Is Botox safe for cosmetic treatment?
Yes. Botox is completely safe for you if applied correctly. Botox treatment is relatively painless. If no anaesthesia is used, you will only feel a small sting. A local anaesthetic lowers pain to a high degree.
Botox therapy is quite popular in Pune and other major cities. It is an FDA-approved product in the United States.
Which disorders can Botox treat?
Botox is not just a cosmetic wonder potion but is also widely used by different medical professionals. Its long-lasting effects can control symptoms of many muscular problems. Some of them are listed below:
- Unpleasant muscle movement– Your neck muscles contract involuntarily in this disorder, causing your head to twist or turn into an unpleasant posture. Botox can freeze the muscles, giving you proper posture.
- The lazy eye– The most prevalent cause of the lazy eye is a muscular imbalance in the muscles that position the eye. Botox freezes the movement of eye muscles to give normal eye position.
- Migraine– Botox injections may help lower headache frequency if you have migraines more than 15 days a month.
- Bladder problems– Botox injections can also help with hyperactive bladder urine leakage.
Where can Botox be injected?
Now, let’s get back to Botox for the face. It’s what Cindy suggests, doesn’t she?
- Botox smooths out the creases on the forehead.
- Botox can smooth crow’s feet which are elastic lines in the corners of the eyes, and marionette lines from the corners of the lips.
- Botox can improve the appearance of a chin by eliminating dimples to reshape the face.
- Botox treats gummy smiles.
- Botox reduces wrinkles on the turkey neck.
- Botox elevates brow margins and reshapes eyebrows.
- Botox also reduces frowning.
How long does the Botox procedure take place?
Injecting Botox is one of the simplest and fastest treatments. The process takes as little as 15 minutes to complete. However, it takes between seven and fifteen days of treatment to obtain the best results.
What are the side effects of Botox treatment?
Just like every other drug, Botox also has its side effects. If you are allergic to it, we recommend you stop the treatment.
Following Botox treatment in Pune, a person may experience little swelling and bumps in the treated area, known as post-treatment downtime, which resolves on its own after some time.
However, Botox therapy, if not performed by a competent and trained medical expert, may result in specific side effects such as
- Brow and eyelid sagging and upper lip drooping.
- Increased puffiness under the eyes.
- Difficulty speaking and eating, as well as swallowing.
- Internal bleeding.
- Crooked smile.
Most of these side effects can be managed with an ice pack. Consult your dermatologist if these issues continue.
How long do the effects of Botox last?
Botox treatment effects can continue for four to six months. After this time, the wrinkles appear once more. You must have continuous injections every 4-6 months to extend the results.
It is a confidence booster, and one should not be ashamed to get Botox injections. If a woman as beautiful as Cindy Crawford prides herself, so can you.
Get Your Botox Treatment In Pune From Eva Skin Clinic
To execute Botox therapy more efficiently and achieve the desired result use a competent specialist with a lot of experience. We at Eva Skin Clinic have the finest team of dermatologists. Book your appointment right now and say bye-bye to your clawing wrinkles.