Most commonly visible on Caucasian skin/white pale skin, Papules are essentially brown spots that’re quite usual amongst people residing in Western countries having colder climactic conditions.
However, the raised skin that develops discoloration is a type of skin disorder/ailment that is generally termed as Papule requiring Papule treatment.
With Eva Pimples, Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune, providing valuable insight on How to treat papules on the skin by certified, experienced dermatologists, you can rest assured that your Papules or any sort of skin concerns are well taken care of!
How to spot & identify Papules? Notice a circular pockmark
One would observe a solid, round heave up in affected skin usually less than 1cm in diameter small solid skin lesions with no discernible liquid connected with blemishes.
However, a papule at times, is accompanied by additional skin issues such as pus, scaly patches, or dried sebum.
They’re generally harmless, but if come with serious skin deformities, can be indicative of more serious issues or concerns requiring Papules treatment at the earliest!
What forms Acne Papules?
Papules are an inducer of an increase in the buildup of oil and germs trapped within the pores by dead skin cells, which manifest when blocking of pores leads a hair follicle to become swollen and septic.
When this phenomenon occurs, the body’s immunity mechanism transmits white blood cells (WBC) to combat infection. Pus or bacterial debris in the bloodstream tends to form when WBC dies out, gathering inside a papule and transforming into a pustule.
On some occasions, Papules are caused by insect bites, razor burns, goose bumps, skin tags, or benign growth.
Other Common Causes
- Contact dermatitis is caused when certain materials come in direct contact with the skin, producing an allergen reaction & irritation, which needs Papules treatment.
- Warts are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Keratosis is a condition in which cells generate patches of rough bumps called ‘chicken skin’.
- Seborrheic keratosis- a condition in which cells generate skin growth which is rough, actinic keratosis known as sun spots.
- Cherry angioma-skin infection marked by small blood vessel accumulation developing into red moles.
- Molluscum contagiosum-skin infection caused by Molluscum contagiosum.
- Atopic dermatitis skin infection is termed eczema.
Other potential causes
- Psoriasis skin disorder/disease characterized by red, rough skin appearing to be scaly and flaky.
- Lichen planus-non-communicable skin infection generally occurs on the wrist, marked by flat-topped, purplish, itchy bumps.
- A leprosy-skin condition characterized by skin sores & nerve damage.
- Chickenpox & shingles-viral infections are marked by painful blisters, resulting in a rash caused by a virus known as varicella zoster.
- Acrodermatitis- childhood skin ailment connected with hepatitis B.
- Medicinal adverse reactions/side effects.
How to Treat Papules on the Skin Successfully?
Topical Papules Treatments-Best for Mild-to-Moderate Papule Acne
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Salicylic acid
- Glycolic acid
All these are available in the form of lotions, cleansers, and masks.
Topical Treatments’ Beneficial Roles in Papules Treatment
- Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid & glycolic acid aid in the eradication of dead skin cells and excessive oil buildup from the skin.
- Clearing of dead skin cells employing OTC topical treatments on How to treat papules on the skin prevents the development of new ones.
- Topical glycolic acid treatment is proven to be highly beneficial for producing notable improvement in those having mild papules.
- Green clay, sulfur, and kaolin masks facilitate in extracting impurities and contracting blemishes.
Other Papules Treatment Options
- Salicylic concentrated Deep Cleansing Face and Body Wash work wonders for gently ejecting out dead skin cells.
- Salicylic acid Formulated Daily Oil Control, particularly for acne-prone skin, aids in quickly removing surface shine and decreasing breakouts. Non-comedogenic property, light treatment tends to quickly absorb penetrated oil, keeping skin soft, tender, and moisturized without greasiness.
- An advanced blend of antioxidants, botanicals, and sulfur acts as a Purifying Mask for battling Papules, pustules, and nodules. The cooling effect of kaolin clay aids in refining pores whilst keeping skin moisturized.
- Doctor-developed Deep Cleansing Facial Brush designed specifically for helping out a decongested pores-water-resistant property comes with 360-degree rotation and dual speeds for customizing the level of deep cleansing whilst removing dead skin cells that tend to block pores.
Topical Treatments-Best-to-Severe Papule Acne:
- Tretinoin (Retin-A)
- Tazarotene (Tazorac)
- Adapalene (Differin)
- Antibiotics such as Azithromycin, Doxycycline, or Dapsone (Aczone)
Retinoids Beneficial Roles in Clearing Out Inflammatory Papules:
- Helps in combating the root cause of papules-blocked pores, and also facilitates in reducing inflammation.
- Topical antibiotics function via stamping out acne-inducing skin bacterium.
Oral Medications for Papules Treatment
- Oral antibiotics like Erythromycin
- Varied hormonal agents
- Oral contraceptives and antiandrogens for women
Non-Invasive Medical Procedures Ideal for Long-Standing & Stubborn Papule Acne
Light Therapy, being a part of Papules treatment, involves revealing the skin affected by a kind of bacteria to a light beam thereby killing bacteria from deep within.
Pulsed light and heat energy kill Acne bacteria settled deep down the skin’s surface, helping to get rid of papules as well as preventing papules from relapse.
However, this procedure of How to treat papules on the skin requires the intervention of certified and experienced dermatologists. Before this procedure, medication is applied to the affected skin to make it more responsive to light, with treatment requiring red, blue, or a combination of both lights.
Its temporary side effects constitute sensitivity to sunrays and redness.
Chemical Peels, Superficial chemical peels in Papules treatment aid in curbing certain kinds of acne including Papule, and preventing it further whilst accentuating skin’s appearance and texture.
During the procedure, a mild chemical solution is applied to the affected skin thereby helping unblock pores and extracting blackheads, whiteheads, oil, and dead skin cells. Momentary side effects include reddening, scaling, crusting, and atypical skin coloring.
A Word of Caution or Two
Chemical peels aren’t recommended if:
- Skin is predisposed to developing inflated scar tissue like keloids, and hyperpigmentation.
- Consumed isotretinoin within 6 months.
- Drainage, with dermatologists employing special tools of ‘drainage & extraction’ to eliminate cysts, zits, blackheads & whiteheads.
- Steroid injections are a temporary or occasional fix for acne types causing painful lumps (cysts and nodules) under the skin’s surface.
Prevention of Papules – Avoid it before it Appears
- Scrubbing your skin is a strict no-no during cleaning.
- Do not apply hot water.
- Use mild, gentle soaps & cleansers.
- Don’t put makeup/harsh skin care products on affected areas.
Ways to Prevent Acne Papule
- Getting the varicella vaccine prevents chickenpox/shingles.
- Keeping skin clean and dry wards off cutaneous candidiasis.
- Intake of probiotic supplements during pregnancy and continuing throughout the first semester of the infant’s life prevents atopic dermatitis.
Avail of Papules treatment at Eva Pimples, Skin & Hair Clinic in Wakad & Hinjewadi, Pune India and get your problems sorted! Eva Skin & Hair Clinic offers treatment for Acne Pustules, Acne Pigmentation, Pimples, Dark Spots, Dark Eyelids, Uneven Skin Tone, having more than 11 years of experience in the field of Dermatology, Aesthetic Cosmetology & Trichology & Hair Transplant (fue) surgery.
Its modern, updated treatment and modalities are performed by a skilled and competent team of certified Dermatologists, Cosmetologists and trichologists, Hair Transplant surgeons, and clinical aestheticians.
We use a multi-pronged-360-degree approach with clinically proven treatment modalities that’re safe and result-driven alongside reasonable customized plans.
Our bevy of services include Skin Pigmentation, Treatment for Acne, Acne Scar Removal, Hair Transplant, Hair Loss Treatment, Laser Hair Removal, anti-aging treatment, and Skin Tag under the consultation of renowned doctors. Preeti Raut, Dr. Bhavin Chothani, Dr. Shalthiel Sathe, Dr. Poonam Sathe.
Avail of our astounding services!