Female hair loss, in other words, female hair baldness is growing at an alarming rate, with statistics and numbers spiralling upwards day by day. A number of causes like pollution, dirt, grime, dust, and other environmental hazards are attributed to female hair loss resulting in thinning of hair and baldness. Hair loss in women occurs when a woman tends to experience unexpected, heavy loss of hair, more than the general amount of shedding 50-100 single hairs per day. Hair shedding is part of natural balance-some hair falls while some grows, and when the balance is interrupted, hair loss happens, the medical term of which is called “alopecia”. We, at Eva-Pimples, Skin & Hair Clinic, the Best Skin and Hair Clinic in Wakad and Hinjewadi, Pune, provide top-class, state-of-the-art Hair Loss treatment in Wakad Pune deciphering 100% satisfactory results to countless customers. Get a ‘taste’ of our relentless astounding services and come out with ‘flying colors’ and happy faces!
Types Of Hair Loss:
- Anagen effluvium caused by medications like chemotherapy.
- Telogen effluvium caused by an increased number of hair follicles reaching telogen phase where hair falls out.
- Androgenic alopecia/female pattern alopecia/female pattern hair loss/female hair baldness, most common resulting in thinning of hair over top of head & sides.
Women Likely to Experience Hair Loss:
- Older than 40.
- Just have babies.
- Had chemotherapy & other medications.
- Hairstyles like tight ponytails or tight braids or usage of harsh chemicals.
- Menopausal women.
Common Causes Of Female Hair Loss:
- Hair styles like tight ponytails, braids, corn rows causing hair loss called traction alopecia.
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Dieting (rapid weight loss).
- Restrictive diets.
- Over processed scalp hair (breakage).
Anagen effluvium hair loss is caused by:
- Toxic substances like chemotherapy, radiation therapy and some medications leading to permanent hair loss due to damage of hair follicles.
Telogen effluvium hair loss is caused by:
- Extreme physical stress or shock to body like losing lot of weight, surgery, anemia, illness, having baby, resulting in temporary hair loss.
- Extreme emotional stress like mental ailments, demise of loved ones, etc.
- Abnormal thyroid.
- Medications & supplements like blood pressure medicines, gout medicines, high dosage of Vitamin A.
- Hormonal changes owing to pregnancy, menopause, or birth control pills.
Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL) occurs due to:
- Family genes causing thinning of hair along top of head.
- Ageing resulting in female hair baldness due to hormonal changes.
- Menopause causing female hair loss worsening due to loss of estrogen.
However, Alopecia areata is an autoimmune skin disease resulting in patchy hair loss on head and other places of body, usually not permanent.
Notable Signs of Female Hair Loss:
- Seeing more hair fall out regularly either on brush, floors, pillows, in showers & sinks.
- Seeing patches of thinner or missing hair, including part on top of head that gets wider.
- Scalp skin visible through hair.
- Having tiny thin ponytails.
- Seeing hair break off.
Diagnoses & Tests For Female Hair Loss & Female Hair Baldness:
- Gently pulling on hair to check number of hair strands coming out.
- Blood tests for Vitamin D, B, zinc & iron, mineral levels, & hormone levels including thyroid and sex hormones.
- Scalp examination under microscope & trichoscopy.
- Scalp biopsy for removing & examining very small piece of scalp skin.
However, a healthcare provider offering Hair Loss treatment in Wakad Pune may inquire about your habits like kind of food you eat and hairstyles you do, even asking about your family, genetic history and your recent observations about hair loss and baldness.
Treatment of Female Hair Loss & Female Hair Baldness:
- Multivitamins & 3-5 milligrams of biotin daily.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine) 2%-5% solution for treating FPHL, except during pregnancy/pregnancy plans/breastfeeding.
- HairMax [ remove brand name ] Lasercomb low light laser approved by US FDA for treating FPHL, FDA-approved Theradome LH80 PRO helmet &- remove this low level laser light helmets & caps.
- Hair transplant surgery.
- Injections of protein-rich plasma (PRP).
- Microneedling of the scalp with & without Minoxidil application.
Premenopausal women should abstain from taking hair loss medication without using contraception. Drugs like Minoxidil and Finasteride are not safe for pregnant women or women planning to have babies.
Female Hair Loss & Female Hair Baldness can be prevented by:
- Avoiding caustic chemicals & tight hairstyles.
- Eating healthy diet enriched with vitamins, minerals and protein.
- Quitting smoking.
Prognosis/Outlook for Female Hair Loss-Diagnosis determines prognosis:
- Anagen & telogen shedding may stop with time.
- Treat any illnesses associated with hair loss.
- Cover hair loss with wig/hat.
- Early alopecia treatment may reduce speed of thinning and promote regrowth.
Latest findings elucidate that FPHL can be related with conditions like metabolic syndrome, endocrine disorders and diabetes.
Tips for Tackling Female Hair Loss:
- Coloring hair adding volume.
- Head message stimulating blood flow.
- Short haircut with layers making hair look fuller.
- Using right kind of shampoo without sulfate detergents.
- Using right products at right time.
High time to consult a dermatologist or trichologist to solve your hair loss woes and worries!
Eva-Pimple, Skin & Hair Care Clinic, the Best Skin and Hair Clinic offering cutting-edge Hair Loss treatment in Wakad Pune & Hinjewadi, Pune, bears the tag of Dermatology, Clinical Cosmetology, Medical Trichology & Aesthetic Clinic, having more than 11 years of field experience in Dermatology, Aesthetic Cosmetology & Trichology and Hair Transplant (fue) surgery. We specialize in treating Pimples, Acne Pigmentation, Dark Spots, Uneven Skin Tone, Hair Thinning & different Hair Scalp related issues. Eva-Pimples, Skin & Hair Clinic is endowed with board certified Dermatologists, certified Cosmetologists & Trichologists, Hair Transplant Surgeons and clinical aestheticians for providing best skin & hair care treatments to patients, employing multi-prolonged 360-degree approach with state-of-the-art gold standard clinically proven treatment modalities-safe, result-oriented and within patients’ reach, and customization according to their preferences. We’re the apt choice when it comes to deciphering excellent services like Acne & Pimples Treatments, Hair Loss Treatments, Laser hair Removal, Eyebrow Treatment, well-equipped with our bevy of experts like Dr. Aishwarya Raheja, Dr. Shalthiel Sathe, Dr. Poonam Sathe, Dr. Rajnikant Choudhury, Avail our services and see the difference!