Best Treatment for Seborrheic Dermatitis?
Best treatment for Dandruff and thick white scales in Scalp?
Dandruff is a most common type of fungal infection affecting mainly hair areas of our body like Scalp, Eyebrows, Ear Pinna, Chest Hair. Dandruff is a fungal infection due to yeast like fungi growth on hairy areas of our body. Severity of Dandruff can vary from person to person. Most of us feels dandruff in scalp if we don’t wash our Hair regularly. Simple grade of dandruff gets easily managed by use of normal anti-dandruff shampoos and lotions.
But, how to get rid of Severe form of Dandruff?
Severe dandruff which occurs in the form of thick white scales on scalp as well as around the areas of Eyes, Ear is called as seborrheic dermatitis, which needs aggressive long-term care and medications to get under control.
These simple guidelines will help you to have best control on your dandruff/ Seborrheic dermatitis-
1. Use Ketoconazole with Coat tar and salicylic acid formulations to wash your scalp daily. These formulations will help you to remove all the thick white scales from your scalp.
2. Oral antifungal tablets will also help to control spread of yeast like fungi on body.
3. Stop oiling your scalp hair regularly.
4. Make sure your dry your hair completely after every wash.
5. Complete a dose of oral antifungals to avoid recurrence of dandruff. 6. Do not try any raw home remedies like lemon juice to cleans your scalp as it may make it drier and flakier.